Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Madhuri Dixit

Madhuri Dixit! It is so good to see you back in town!

Of course she moved back to Mumbai more than 2 years ago, but just seeing her out and about at various events and movie functions is so nice.
Like the Oral B event - her 1000W smile flashing all the while. Just looking at her reminds of my own school days when I was in love with her! Yes, I am a girl - but who didn't love Madhuri as the lovely Nisha in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. That movie, for me, was the quintessential Bollywood movie, and it made me fall in love with the movies. I wanted to be her!

No, I want to be her! Even today - nearly 2 decades after I saw that movie.



Image courtesy: Sulekha.com

It is another matter that today, when I see HAHK, I find it too..slow and filmy for my liking. Today I'd rather see Zindagi na milegi dobara, rather than Hum Aapke Hain Kaun.

But its impact remains. The legacy remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment