Sunday, September 23, 2012

Heroine is a flop

After a lot of hype, including a photo call at last year's Cannes film festival, the film "Heroine" finally released this past Friday. 
Aishwarya Rai was to do the film earlier, but opted out due to her pregnancy,  to be replaced by Kareena Kapoor. I haven't seen the movie yet, (and going by the reviews, I do not intend to watch it any time soon!), but I was wondering what goes through the minds and hearts of the cast and crew of a film that they believed so much in, when they read words words like 'unbelievably trashy', 'fraud', 'don't bother', and other such 'what-were-they-thinking' comments.

Photo courtesy - NDTV

Apparently, the director, Madhur Bhandarkar waited many years to launch his magnum opus - it was his dream project!

Hmm..

I think I will watch the movie to know what was it that made Madhur believe so much in it, and then, also to see what is it that is trashy and boring. Actually, I don't want to know the boring and trashy part - there are way too many Akshay Kumar movies that I have attempted to watch in the hope that this one would be different! 
They aren't .

No comments:

Post a Comment