Friday, September 28, 2012

It was a bummer

If there is anyone other than myself reading this blog, here is an update on the presentation on Friday that I was so scared about. 


It was a bummer.

I prepared my presentation, shared it with the boss on Thursday morning. He called me in the evening and said that I need to include a lot more material. And cover more topics. So I kind of panicked. Called up my husband to pick up the kid from day care and go home so I could stay late at work and finish off the presentation.
I did that - was up till 1 am. Woke up at 7 the next morning, and pictured myself presenting, made a few modifications and I was all set. Nervous, but prepared. 

I sent out the presentation to the boss, and left for work. 15 minutes before the presentation, the boss sent me a presentation - containing the same material I had covered. But this one was prepared by him. I asked him what it was.
He said since he didn't receive the updated presentation from me till midnight, he woke up at 5 and prepared it himself. Since this was a big decisive meeting, he didn't want to take chances and wait for the last minute for my presentation. What if it was not up to the mark?

Hmm..
Valid concerns from a manager's point of view.
So he presented instead of me..
I spoke for 5 minutes. That's all.

I was sort of bummed. Lesson learnt - Keep your boss updated at every step. Think from his point of view as well sometimes. 
Ah, well..

No comments:

Post a Comment